Renal Stent is a device that is used for the treatment of kidney. This is a small tube, which is used to facilitate the flow from one region of the body to another one. This tube is made up of flexible plastic material and in the emergency time or if there is any problem regarding kidney it is placed inside the ureter. These tubes are flexible so it can move according the body movement. These renal stent varies from patient to patient.
Kidney performs extensive function in our body, it is very necessary that kidney must perform its functions properly. Kidney plays a very important role in our body because it perform many functions such as –
- Kidney releases hormones
- It removes toxic wastes and water from the blood
- It balances the presence of chemicals in your body
- It controls the blood pressure
- It helps in producing RBC’s
- It produces vitamin d, which keeps your bones healthy and strong.
Nowadays we can see that many people suffering from kidney diseases like – acute kidney failure, contrast nephropathy, edema swelling, amyloidosis, urinary tract infection, sacroidosis, metabolic acidosis, kidney stones, hematuria, high blood pressure, diabetes insipidus etc. These were some crucial kidney diseases but there are many more disease, which can harm your body. There are many types of renal stents available for various purposes. This device must be placed by the doctor who is specialized in it or by the nephrologists.
There are many purposes of placing this device in treating renal medical conditions, which are underneath :-
- Renal stents are placed to remove the blockage in the ureter; this tube drains the urine from kidney to the bladder.
- This tube also helps when there is any stone in the kidney; this removes the stones and eradicates the blockages because of infection, scarring inflammation etc.
- Renal stent is used to hold the renal artery open so that blood can flow properly; these stents are designed to stop the blockage of blood in the artery.
It is not an easy task to place renal stent and it is quit a complicated process. During this period anesthesia is used to keep patient comfortable and relaxed. Doctor must read the patient’s medical history and then place it. Doctor should advise the patient that the patient must follow these directions otherwise; it will be dangerous for his/her life. Patient must ask these questions from the doctor that where this device is placed, why and what are the precautions he/she has to bother.
Some problems may arise while having renal stent procedures, like you may feel uncomfortable, small amount of blood in urine, pain in the bladder and kidney and many other, we can see that you can that patient cannot find any big problem with this device. When the kidney problem is resolved then renal stent is removed by the doctor’s advice, they give anesthesia to the patient and when patient become comfortable then it is removed with the help of cystoscope.
- kidney stent
- renal stent
- stent renal
- renal stents
- are stents common fordiabtics with kidney failure?
- renal failure stent
- metabolic acidosis ureteral stent
- kidney stents treatment
- kidney fail treatment stent
- urinary tract infection treatment stent